In order to qualify for ALIVE’s adoption program all of the following steps must be met:
- You must be at least 24 years of age and be able to provide ALIVE with proof of age.
- Any current pets must be up to date on vaccinations, and be spayed/neutered. Exceptions to this will only be considered if proof of a medical explanation is provided.
- If you currently rent, you must provide a landlord’s phone number and a copy of your executed lease.
- All members of the family living in the home where the animal will be placed must be interviewed.
- Applicant must live within 50 miles of Chicago if interested in adopting and within 10 miles of Chicago if interested in fostering.
- Allow an ALIVE representative into your home for a visit to insure that your home is safe for the potential new dog or cat.
- Be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment and proper care for a pet.
- Currently, the requested donation to adopt a dog over 4 months of age is $300.00, a dog under 6 months of age is $375.00, a dog over the age of 7 is $150.00, rabbits are $100.00 and a cat is $150.00. If you are adopting a bonded pair, the adoption donation will be as reflected above, but as a buy one, get one free.
- We require an additional $75.00 training deposit at the time of adoption. You will be required to enroll and complete a training class with your new dog at one of our approved training facilities. Once ALIVE Rescue receives proof of the completed class, this $75.00 deposit will be refunded.
To meet and possibly adopt any of our adoptable animals, please click the link below to complete an application.