To report cruelty, abuse or neglect of an animal:
Chicago Animal Care and Control:
Dial *311 and submit your information as noted above.
Please call (312) 644-8338 ext 304 or send e-mail to email@example.com
The Anti-Cruelty Society
157 W. Grand Ave.
Chicago, IL 60654
When making a report, please be ready to provide the following information:
- The nature of the complaint (i.e., dog tied outside without food or water.)
- A description of the animal(s)
- The exact address where the animal(s) can be found. If the address is on a numbered street, please specify if the street is designated as ‘street’ or ‘place.’ (i.e., 52nd Street or 52nd Place.)
- What city or suburb the address is located in
- A number that you can be reached at should the investigator be unable to find the animal(s) or has any questions.
ALL REPORTS are kept CONFIDENTIAL and your information WILL NOT be given out. If you prefer, reports can be made anonymously. You DO NOT have to leave contact information to make a report.
Report Animal Abuse or Dog Fighting:
Dog Fighting is a Felony offense. You can report this and other abuses in Chicago directly to the Animal Abuse Control Team, who are working in the field. They check voicemail often. Once you are contacted, you can ask to remain anonymous.
Animal Abuse Control Team
Jordan Matyas (312) 643-0339 or firstname.lastname@example.org
IL State Director, The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS)