Our Foster Approval Process starts with completing our Adoption/Foster Application.
- Initial e-mail connecting you to your assigned Foster Coordinator who will walk you through the approval process and be with you every step of the way when once you start fostering.
- Before beginning the bulk of the screening we contact your vet (of both current and previous animals) as well as your landlord to make sure everyone is on the same page.
- You will then schedule a phone interview with your Foster Coordinator where they will explain our program to you, answer any questions you may have, and just get to know you and your animals (if you have any) in order to help us match you with successful fosters in the future.
- We will contact your personal references listed on your application. It is always helpful to give them a heads-up that you have applied and that someone will be contacting them in the next week or so to chat for a few minutes.
- The final step in our process is the Home Visit! This is when your Foster Coordinator will quite literally come to visit your home and meet all residents (both human and animal) and continue the conversation about fostering and answer any remaining questions you may have.
Once all of these steps have been completed and approved you will receive a welcome e-mail with all of the necessary information to get you started!