Alive and Running
Welcome to Alive and Running, a new initiative with the aim to partner passionate runners with ALIVE Rescue.
We are asking you to choose ALIVE Rescue as your charity this running season. We are looking for brave and committed supporters willing to run to raise funds on behalf of ALIVE Rescue. This is a challenge we hope you will choose.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for one of the races this running season.
- Go to https://www.firstgiving.com/ALIVErescue/alive-and-running-2017 and create a Firstgiving page to raise money to support ALIVE Rescue.
- Share your Firstgiving link on social media and email to invite your friends and family to support your run.
- Train and be awesome in your race!
All money raised during your run will be used to rescue lives and to promote sustainable living and build awareness, appreciation and respect within our communities.
For some, this is an easy choice because you’re already a seasoned runner. You may even be signed up for an upcoming race or planning to do so. But this opportunity is not just for seasoned runners. Everyone can help! This is a personal invitation to pull out your running shoes, lace up those puppies, and join the race to support the Alive and Running initiative.
Alive and Running Registrants can Expect the Following:
- Free Alive and Running t-shirt for your race.
- Customizable fundraising web page and support to give family, friends and co-workers the opportunity to support your race.
- Recognition on our website under the “Meet Our Runners” section.
- ALIVE Rescue cheering section at certain Chicago events and social media recognition.
- An opportunity to train with other Alive and Running participants.
- An Alive & Running celebration party with all of the A&R team members.
- On November 1st of each year, we award prizes to our top three Alive and Running fundraisers.
- 1st Place Fundraiser: Ride along with the Founder of ALIVE Rescue to a local shelter to help rescue a dog or cat.
- 2nd Place Fundraiser: Two free tickets to our annual Lucky for Life Gala held in November 2017.
- 3rd Place Fundraiser: Name a cat or dog we rescue from a local animal shelter (minimum $1,000 raised).
Throughout training and during your race(s), make every step count! Download the ResQwalk app on your smart phone, track your running with the app, and money will be donated back to ALIVE Rescue!!!
How does it work? Each week ResQWalk announces a donation pool (example $2,500) and in order for ALIVE Rescue to receive donations from the pool, supporters simply need to select ALIVE Rescue as their charity and then check-in to the app when they begin their run. At the end of the week donations are paid out to the rescues proportionally to the total distance ran.
Download the app today, start training, and raise money for ALIVE Rescue!
Meet the Runners
Meet the Winners
As part of our Alive and Running program, the top fundraiser each year wins a ride along to the shelter as well as a chance to “save” a dog waiting to leave the shelter.
Congratulations to Heather Vree for being our top 2016 Alive and Running fundraiser and raising a grand total of $3,295!! Thanks Heather!
Congrats to Katelyn Aase for being our top 2015 Alive and Running fundraiser and raising a grand total of $2,300!!! Katelyn was able to come along on a trip to Memphis and selected Pauli as the dog she wanted to save. Thanks Katelyn!
Thanks to our Sponsors!